Making Estimated Payments
Client Education: IRS & AZ Estimated Payments (updated 2022)
7-minute read-along guide
4. Click the “Bank Account (Direct Pay)” button in the “Pay your taxes reaNow” box.
*You will need your bank routing and account number. If you choose to pay by card, the IRS uses a 3rd party processor and they will charge a fee.
5. Click the blue “Make a Payment” button.
6. On the Direct Pay Application select the following:
a. Reason for payment “Estimated Tax”
b. Apply Payment to "1040ES" (for forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ)
c. Tax Period for Payment "2022" or current year.
7. Click Continue. Verify the info in the dialog box and click continue again.
8. Use the prior year tax return to verify your identity. Enter the verification data as it appears on the tax return. Click Continue.
9. Fill out the payment amount as prescribed on your prior year tax return, your payment bank information and email address. Click Continue to verify information and submit.
10. Save a copy of your confirmation. End.
*Bonus tip: You can schedule two payments per day so if you want to schedule all current year estimates to pay automatically by their due dates, (set it and forget it) you will have to do two one day, and the other two the next.
WARNING - Please know that following links from any website to enter payment info is a risk. It is best practice to navigate to the agency’s website directly.